Saturday, September 18, 2010

Last night in Japan

So today was our last day in Japan and we have to get up in a few hours to catch the taxi to Osaka for our flight to Beijing.   During the day Martin and I went into Kyoto and did some gift shopping and exploring the market.  The market is amazing simply because so much of what you see is totally different than what would be at a canadian market.  If you were hungry enough you could buy a baby octopus with a quail egg stuffed in it's head!  Not for me but really cool!











Our Day also included a sop at one of the local restaurants for a drink.  Sake of course!!

















A lot has happened in the last 2 weeks while here in Japan.  It has been an amazing time and I will definitely be back again.  I am lucky enough to have been invited back by Kay's parents and it is very tempting to take them up on their offer.  Kay's parents along with her sister and brother-in-law have been unbelievably kind to me while I have been here.  They have done everything in their power to make this a comfortable, and memorable trip for me and I am very grateful!!

Arigato!!



p.s. My next post will be from Jing Jin, China!  I can't wait to see what that experience is going to be like!

3 comments:

  1. Rich... Japan seems to suit you perfectly. Punctual, clean and kind.

    I like the picture of you with the sake. We are having a glass of wine right now in Quebec City. Mom and I having Yellow Tail Bubbles (my new favourite) and Cheryl and Marie Red Wine.

    Hope all is well. Love you Muchly Au Revoir..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich....sake is my favourite drink so next time I want to be with you in Kyoto when you get some out of a vending machine on a very fast train...that is on time.
    C

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Baby (1) bike ride (1) China (8) Dog (1) Durham (8) England (17) Estonia (2) Ferry (4) Finland (13) Hampton Court (1) Helsinki (13) Hockey (2) Japan (23) London (11) Petersfield (4) Rudolph (1) Scandinavia (16) Stockholm (4) Stonehenge (1) Sweden (4) Tallin (1) Tower of London (1) York (1)