Friday, September 17, 2010

I never said I was a good singer

I'm sure that most people understand just how much Japanese people love Karaoke.  It is absolutely true!  There are Karaoke places all over Kyoto.  One of the things that I really wanted to do while here was to give it a try so yesterday I had my chance as Kay, Martin, Maya, Satochan, Tachan, Toa and myself went to Yamashina and sang our hearts out :)  Here is how it works.   It costs 80 yen (about a dollar) per half hour per person and this includes your drinks, either alcoholic or non alcoholic. Very cheap!  We were given a private room as is everyone else.  Before we knew it 2 hours and many drinks had come and gone.  It was a lot of fun and I would definitely do it again some day.  And just in case you were wondering, I was not offered a recoding contract ............... this time!  I still have my hopes up thought.

Watch out Canadian Idol!!

1 comment:

  1. You inherited your wonderful screeching...i mean singing voice from your mother. She is signing a contract as we speak.....

    hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Baby (1) bike ride (1) China (8) Dog (1) Durham (8) England (17) Estonia (2) Ferry (4) Finland (13) Hampton Court (1) Helsinki (13) Hockey (2) Japan (23) London (11) Petersfield (4) Rudolph (1) Scandinavia (16) Stockholm (4) Stonehenge (1) Sweden (4) Tallin (1) Tower of London (1) York (1)