Friday, September 17, 2010

A beer for your walk home?


Hey all,

Another thing that you will notice pretty soon after arriving in Japan is that there are vending machines everywhere.  I mean everywhere.  Even in the most unexpected places.  They are generally grouped in 2 or more and have all sorts of drinks.  Green tea, iced coffee, hot coffee, water, pop, and most interestingly ...... beer.  These machines are located in busy areas but also in residential and out of the way places as well.  They have proven to be very handy and convenient for sure!  The cold green tea is my favorite as martin and I have relied in it to keep us hydrated in this heat.  It was over 30 again today but at night the temperature is more bearable.  I have been told that in other cities of Japan you can get many other things from wine to underwear but I have not seen this myself.  You never know when you will need a new pair of skivvies :)

Beer anyone?

1 comment:

  1. I think the Japanese have thought of everything...they seem like amazing people and an amazing country.
    C

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Baby (1) bike ride (1) China (8) Dog (1) Durham (8) England (17) Estonia (2) Ferry (4) Finland (13) Hampton Court (1) Helsinki (13) Hockey (2) Japan (23) London (11) Petersfield (4) Rudolph (1) Scandinavia (16) Stockholm (4) Stonehenge (1) Sweden (4) Tallin (1) Tower of London (1) York (1)