Monday, September 6, 2010

"ladies and gentlement, we are nearing Kansai airport where the outside temperature is currently 39 degrees"

       We made it to Kyoto after a 1.5 hour bus trip from Kansai airport.  The first thing that you notice is without a doubt the temperature which is, well, Dam Hot!  And sticky!  That is still a bit of a shock to the system but I am hoping that I will become at least a little bit more tolerant of the heat.  Anyways, after arriving at Kay's parents we had a good ol' family get together.  Kay's parents, sister, brother-in-law, Nephew, along with the 4 of us. We made Gyoza's, drank beer and had a good laugh.  At least part of that laughter was due to my terribly inadequate Japanese.  I know a little bit but unfortunately I am using the phrases that I know in the wrong situation to everyone else's amusement.  I'm trying though.  So, It was a great night getting to know Kay's family.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad they are so welcoming...It's must be wonderful to be with a Japanese family. How is little Mya with the heat?

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Baby (1) bike ride (1) China (8) Dog (1) Durham (8) England (17) Estonia (2) Ferry (4) Finland (13) Hampton Court (1) Helsinki (13) Hockey (2) Japan (23) London (11) Petersfield (4) Rudolph (1) Scandinavia (16) Stockholm (4) Stonehenge (1) Sweden (4) Tallin (1) Tower of London (1) York (1)